Terminal Illness, death and dying.

In a way I came face to face with this today. And it was not how one would expect. She was not gaunt or sick with pallor- her cheeks were ruddy, she was in good spirits and her eyes still had a bit of sparkle...

But we both knew.

There is something Incredibly Dignified about Quiet Acceptance. I was glad that in her Peace, I could feel at Peace. As I touched her hands and our energies merged, I couldn't help but shiver though.

I also got completely sapped and knocked over...and felt completely sick and headachey and even hand washing etc didn't help- actually it was like I had been entirely wafted in a boggy cloud- I couldn't think, or do anything. This is why I really need to be more careful about properly protecting my aura. But really I didn't expect to encounter such a case in my practice.

In any case, the moral of the story is "a stitch in time saves nine" and that is the beauty of Chinese Medicine...it is about prevention and maintenance of good health not trying to patch a hole only once you notice it. By then, it's too late!

2010-2-12

About This Blog...

My photo
share the thrills (and hopefully no spills) of a mature age student back to school to become a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).