My First Ever(Own) Patients :)

It was a great day. I think this TCM gig must really be my "thing". Cos I had Tuina Massage clinic today (I HATE massage and touchy feely stuff) but I still managed to really enjoy my day (although admittedly I needed to keep eating every chance I got just to have enough energy).

And my patients even booked in to come back to me!..So even though I think my skills are somewhat average (being so petite and low energy doesn't exactly help) and my knowledge of muscles is pretty Shite, I mustn't have sucked too bad! :)

LOL.

On a practical note I also didn't get TOO drained. I found washing my hands and face between patients really helpful, although the final patient who came with migraine, stress and loads of neck and shoulder tension did leave me with a bit of an Empathic headache :P But at least I made her migraine go away :-) (it would have been less effort required with acupuncture though...)

It's pretty exciting having your OWN patients...suddenly all your slaving over studies HAS A PURPOSE. I think I might be able to live the dream of kick ass healer in a coastal community yet...the only thing was I only planned to work part time...I could potentially see myself being a workaholic if I became really healthy with more energy capacity... it's a pretty gratifying career path when you get results and people appreciate your efforts! :-D

6:50pm 2 april 2009

About This Blog...

My photo
share the thrills (and hopefully no spills) of a mature age student back to school to become a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).