Handy Tip for a cold where you can't stop sneezing.

I caught a cold. A cold cold. Perhaps it was due to waiting 20 minutes underclothed in the chilly winds (which incidentally did bring our earliest snowfall since 1996!) Due to my greedy cravings, I missed at least 8 of my own buses waiting for the one that would take me to...Pastizzi :)!

Or perhaps it was spending several hours in an enclosed library full of other people's sniffles. Or maybe it was the rich butteriness from the pastizzi pastry or the sticky sugar of all that chocolate glugginess making my throat a welcoming breeding ground for opportunistic germs.

Whatever the case, when the cold manifests as non stop violent sneezing, I realised even with TCM skills, you're not in any state to be able to treat yourself...that would be too much effort!

So. I ended up discovering an easier variation for how to relieve the chills and non-stop sneezing and involuntary evacuating of the entire contents of your nasal and sinus cavities...and the best part, it's something any person can do...

Get a hairdryer! And aim the warm air over the back of your neck from the bottom right up to just under the head for a few minutes. Trust me, it will relieve your symptoms especially stop the sneezing :)

Now just have to rug up, get plenty of rest and plenty of Vit C and go off the chocolate for a few days...bah humbug.

monday 26 april 2009 9:56am

About This Blog...

My photo
share the thrills (and hopefully no spills) of a mature age student back to school to become a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).