An Interesting Day: Random Miscellaneae

Another 10 hour clinic. The most bizarre part was meeting the most beautiful lady I've ever seen in my life! Half of me was thinking, if I were a man, lol I would have been totally unable to speak just gawking! The other half of me was thinking...damn I wish I looked like that! LOL
But then again, good thing I don't cos how much time would be wasted looking in the mirror? haha! ;)

No seriously...what really struck me was how strongly I reacted to this beautiful spirit...although she was older than me, she struck me as a small vulnerable, fragile girl...and my immediate urge was that I just wanted to pick her up, hold her, comfort her, give her a big hug and tell her it would all be okay!

This comes back to the seminar I attended last month...the best point made there was that...society in general and the western medical world love to label straight away people as "depressed" or as "having depression"...when really...it is NORMAL to feel sad in reaction to a traumatic life event! I think this just indicates how hopeless and helpless western medicos truly are when it comes to handling depression...that, or else the big pharmaceutical companies are big time schmoozing them to push their products with hasty lack of consideration.

When I told Beautiful Lady this sentiment - that I didn't think she was "depressed", gosh I think that was the best thing anyone had said to her all year! :)

I am so sympathetic after witnessing how certain people can get so Destroyed post a big breakup, but at the same time I also know that it takes a long time to get back on track after a really long relationship cos really, it is very disorienting and takes a lot of readjustment to the mindest...to think in terms of "self" rather than being "part of a unit" is just...weird! At the same time though, singledom is incredibly liberating and I can't say I'm not still loving the Absolute Freedom it entails like Nothing Else :-)!

In other news...I feel like a smoking pot of hash on two legs...or at least I smell like one!!

Shite! After being wafted in moxa fumes all day it's pretty gross...only thing is it's contentious whether one ends up smelling more like hash or pot?! LOL...I wouldn't know...of course ;)

The other really interesting part of the day was the chance to unleash my inner Scientist...I volunteered to guinea pig myself out of curiosity to see if something I read in a book was true...I got someone to needle certain points on me to try and balance my Yin and Yang...SO COOL!

My reaction was really cool- when the first two needles went in my head got very hot and felt like it was going to explode - I got a huge headache - then my eyes started watering as the tear ducts got stimulated- when I opened my eyes my eyes were significantly brighter, less red and vision slightly clearer...later I noticed my leg muscles were also a lot more loose than before...I just love conducting experiments and trying to prove/disprove wacky ideas! :)

24-10-08 22:45

About This Blog...

My photo
share the thrills (and hopefully no spills) of a mature age student back to school to become a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).